- Be sure the avocado is super ripe so it blends easily
- Cut and soak the dates for a couple of hours, then rinse (it makes them far softer to blend)
- Leave the mixture in the fridge for a half hour or so to keep the mixture from being too sticky (the cold helps it set for easier rolling)
- Once you form the truffles and roll them in the cacao powder (or whatever topping you choose), let them chill in the fridge for a couple more hours for the best taste/consistency
- Truffles will keep for up to two weeks in the fridge and freeze well, too!
Where's the sugar?
- In the dates, of course! Noor dates are less sweet and have fewer calories than the Medjool, and boast calcium, iron, Vitamin B-6 and magnesium. Some of the sugar is fructose, so be aware of that if you have metabolic syndrome; however, dates are approved on the Whole 30 and Paleo diet.